The new BlackVue DR900X dash cam is a high end car cam system that is an upgraded version of the popular DR900S dash cam, the “S” series, which will now go by the “X” series of Blackvue dash cameras. It will have all the same features as the previous models, as well as some new features we list below.
BlackVue DR900S vs BlackVue DR900X
What’s the difference between the DR900S and DR900X? The main upgrades you will find on the newer X version are:
- LTE 4G USB port to plug in an external LTE 4G wifi router, giving the DR900X the ability to remotely connect the dash cam to the cloud and provide remote access and video storage. Using the external 4G router, you can plug in a SIM card from a carrier to enable a connection. This basically creates a hot spot for your dash cam withing your car.
- Bluetooth is supported in the hardware, however it has not yet been finalized. Bluetooth connectivity may be added through future firmware updates.
- Higher heat resistance. The previous DR900S already did well in high heats by using a capacitor rather than a battery, but the DR900X can now withstand more extreme temperatures.
- Voltage monitoring is built-in to the dash cam. Now you don’t need to use an external device to automatically cut off power to the dash cam when you cars battery is getting too low.
BlackVue DR900X Specs
- 4K UHD @ 30fps Front and Full HD @ 30fps Rear
- 4G LTE (External: CAT.4-CM100LTE)
- Built-in 2.4/5.0GHz Wi-Fi, GNSS (GPS+GLONASS)
- H.265 Encoding for Reduced File Size (H.264 Available)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) & Enhanced Night Vision
- Adaptive Format – Free File Management System
- Loop Recording & Intelligent Parking Mode
- Impact Detection / Motion Detection
- Event File Overwrite Protection
- Built-in low voltage cut-off function
- High temperature cut-off function
- BlackVue App (Android / iOS)
- BlackVue Viewer (Windows / macOS)
- Compatible with BlackVue over the Cloud Service
BlackVue DR900X Release Date
When will the DR900X be on sale? The DR900X is scheduled to be for sale in the US in mid March of 2020.
We will have a full review on the BlackVue DR900X soon!